GARDEN DISTRICT NEEDLEWORK SHOP, L.L.C.
Needleworkers -- something about us enjoys giving! Let us know if
you're buying yarn for a charity project, as we may offer a discount.
Knit Your Bit with the The National WWII Museum
- Easy Helmet Liner Pattern
- Want to support our troops without knitting it yourself? We have an expert knitter, Eagle's Nest, for whom we gratefully take donations of Cascade 220 yarn in the approved colors.
- Are you interested in having your group knit or crochet a large blanket together for someone who needs to stay warm? Something like this? Feel free to contact Sally Christovich here at the store to get advice on how to make it all work out right - (504) 558 0221.
Preemie Hats & Blankets
- GDNS will happily donate knitted/crocheted preemie hats & plankets to local neo-natal units. Bright colors and washable yarn are preferred. Here are some simple patterns:
Citizen Sam Helmetliners
- We currently have more than 200,000 troops in overseas theaters where they are subjected to sub-zero wind chills during the winter and extreme heat in the summer. If you can knit or crochet, please consider making helmetliners or scarves for our troops.
We are happy to handle donations of knitting needles, yarn, crochet hooks or other such supplies to the International School of Louisiana.